Sunday, January 11, 2009
Give it away
The speaker from the aformentioned conference challenged everyone to "give it away." This phrase means to take what I have learned from Jesus and give it away to someone else. This phrase came from the story of a tap dancer who was inspired by an older legend, and I would go more into the story because it was really cool but I don't remember the details enough to make the story mean much more than what I can plainly tell you about "give it away." The phrase means that someone... another person or Jesus Himself... has taught you something of great value and you need to now transfer that information to someone else in like manner. I pray that God would use me to do this more in College Station and I pray that I could be a part of starting these kind of discipleship cycles all around my life.
1 comment:
Give it away made me think about this weekend! We're going to be passing on things others have taught us to the DNOW boys. It really matters what we share with those guys cause we may be the only ones to share with them.
I'm glad we can give to each other also. Regardless of where we are it's apparent that we have learned so much since leaving for college. On all kinds of levels. Spiritually, emotionally, intellectually...etc. And it's awesome to be able to share that whenever we meet up for DNOW or go into MP for breaks.
Post a Comment