Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Christmas Party
Tonight begins the train of Christmas parties. I guess it actually started with the first party Zoe and I attended last week with Campus Crusade. Hanakag gets 8 nights of celebration, but Christmas has overtaken it by claiming nearly the entire month of December. I love Christmas and so does Zoe, so this is great for us. I don't think the two holidays are competing, but it's interesting to think about how Jews hold Hanakah celebrations during the correct days each year. As far as I know they don't start decorating after thanksgiving. There is nothing wrong with holding a holiday in such reverence, but I really enjoy how Christmas is so open-ended to celebration all the time. I will say "Merry Christmas" almost any time of the year. It is so appropriate that Christmas can be celebrated all the time because King Jesus makes himself and the throne of God available to us all the time, when it would otherwise need to be held in strict reverence at all times. Anyways, I can't wait for the Christmas party.
No comments:
Post a Comment