My friend Ben and I used a survey to talk to people about Jesus today. Yes, we used a survey. It is not as bad as you might think. We were up front with people about why we were doing the survey, and even though it is completely of our own free will we would still tell them that we were doing it through Campus Crusade for Christ. Plus, the soularium survey is kind of fun. it is a bunch of cards that you spread out on a table. The cards have seemingly random pictures like birds, sunsets, leaf blown parks, a fish hook, a guy stuffed inside of a locker, etc. Then there are questions that go with the pictures with which you conduct a short survey. The cards are numbered, so you ask people to sit down in front of the arrangement of pictures and write the numbers of pictures that answer questions like, “Which 3 pictures represent what your life looks like now?” and “Which 3 pictures represent what you want your life to look like?” and “Which 3 pictures represent you spiritually?” and “What 3 pictures represent what you would like to be spiritually?” and “Which 3 pictures represent something about God?” Then you use these conversational segways to talk about the gospel, and usually people open up a lot.
We had conversations ranging across the spectrum from those who took the conversation seriously and left wanting to take action in their spiritual life to those who could really care less or were even appreciative yet uninterested in changing the way they think about life.
All in all, I realize that I love talking to people about Jesus and I could do it all day everyday if I could. I pray for people who would want to talk back and people who are ready to hear good news from Christ, and I also pray for God to work through my conversations and to cause the fruit to grow.
1 comment:
We should do this sometime- let me know the next time you're doing it and I'd love to join.
Post a Comment