I am feeling overwhelmed with everything going on in my life right now. Getting ready to be married is a big enough project. I love getting to talk to my fiance, Zoe about our relationship; it is really rewarding to grow closer to her through talking about specific issues that could get in our way. I want more of those conversations to happen. But then there is a barrage of activities, problems, and current responsibilities that I must attend to.
I still want to do my best to be a good discipler for a few freshman guys in McInnis Hall. In fact I would like to see them become outward loooking -looking to Jesus- to reach others and disciple new believers in their dorms. I want to see a movement of God in that Dorm. This thought, I must confess, is not as ever present as it should be, but it is nonetheless as desire that I want to come to fruition. I don't have to be the primary agent, I just want to see this dorm with little apparentlly little going on the level of people actively seeking the Lord together.
I need to find a way to keep good communication with my dad. He only wants to talk about finances most of the time. I am thankful that he reminds me of a very important, critical step to getting married this summer, but I would like to also talk with him about other things. I settled my job thing this semester, but my dad didn't communicate his vision for what I needed. I feel that the Lord has led me to the right thing for this semester, but I sometimes doubt that I have made the right choice. However, as I see it now, I need to finish my responsibilities as a Bible study leader and the other leadership roles in my organization. The job I have now is flexible, allows me to do that and guarentees me a small but steady income for the time being; I plan on getting a more job with more hours and money this summer.
I also still need to get all A's this semester.
These things that I feel I must do all pull against one another, and is overwhelming all at once, but I have not felt peace from the Lord like this in quite some time. He has undoubtly led me to take further steps with Zoe in our relationship. I believe our current plan can be achieved, but I need to continue to trust in the Lord's guidance of my steps. I know that if He wants to give me another job, he will. I know that if Ineed another job, he will provide me one; so, I am trusting that He will provide me another job this summer.
Praise God for His everlasting mercy and care. He somehow exists in all His wonderfully awesome Glory and yet looks on me with love and He takes care of me. Thank you Lord.
1 comment:
Praise the Lord. Keep it up, bro.
Post a Comment