Friday, October 31, 2008

Seek

I know that this is the second title of a post that reflects the title of the overall blog. As a reader, you may enjoy the consistency of the site or you might be bored with the repition. But I feel that my life for the past couple of weeks has followed this pattern of Ask, Seek, Knock. I feel like I have been asking to be a better Bible study leader and discipler for the guys already in my Bible study. I also feel like I have been asking to find the people in the dorm who are ready to be saved. I have waivered some in my commitment to these requests that I have been giving to God, which is why I now feel that I am in the Seeking stage.

The act of seeking seems to be a commitment to the first step of asking. I feel that I am starting to commit to the asking by taking the steps of seeking. I need prayer that I am going to actually persist in giving my guys oppurtunities to step up and take leadership roles in the Bible study and steps of faith in reaching out to their dorms. When we finally knock, the door will be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment