Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sharing the Gospel- discomfort and excitement

Last year, although there was some degree of excitement, sharing the gospel was something that I had to get worked up to do. I was nervous to get into talks with others. I believe that part of this is because I was not comfortable enough in my own relationship with The Lord. Although He keeps me and has grown me a lot, I believe I was still trying a little too hard to impress God last year. Rather than just being myself, I was trying to do things to propel myself into a closer relationship with God. The funny thing is that I think He only wanted me to chill, trust in His work, and obey Him in my life. Now, the excitement is not that same excitement that I experienced last year, which is characteristic of discomfort and unfamiliar territory. The only excitement I experience now is from my hope and expectation that The Lord will do something cool. I was uncomfortable because of my lack of certainty in that The Lord loves me regardless of my performance. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment